Sunday, December 25, 2011

First contact with Belgium country - part 1

Everything started May 2010, when I moved out from my home country (Serbia) to Belgium. Why I did this? I got an job offer from one of the best companies in Belgium (N.V. Bekaert). As usual when you leave your country, all people around you are sad, but the biggest sadness is inside yourself, because you know they will be there and continue living without you, but you will be alone in foreign country without anyone, starting your new life. I knew it will be really hard, but I kept in my mind just one thing, I am going to better, to make my own future on my own way. To be realistic, conditions in my home country was not so good, so decision to leave my country was not so hard. Imagine to get an job offer with 4 times more payment then in your own country. Of course money is not everything, but to be honest, today money bring happiness. It is not the same felling when you spend tat money on your own friends, in your own environment. After a lot of sadness on the Belgrade airport with my family and friends, my journey in better tomorrow started. Every beginning is really hard. After few hours of trip and landing at Brussel airport (Zaventem), I felt different. It was not my country, not my people, a lot of things were strange, but I was not afraid of that, today World is like that, you have to adapt to many things. After I picked my luggage, I went out and saw the man holding plate with my company's name, hmmm, yeah that was a taxi driver, waiting just for me. After that I felt a bit more important in that land. Trip from Brussel to Kortrijk was a bit longer then I expected, probably because of usual Brussel traffic jam. Talking with taxi driver gave me an positive start, because he told me a lot of things about Belgium, and he was really pleasant. After 2 hour trip I finally arrived to my apartment. I didn't mentioned but, company arranged me 3 months in a temporary company apartment, well what to say, really kind of them. After my first step in my apartment... To be continued :)

1 comment: